1) Each man judges well the things he knows.
2) Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.
3) Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity.
4) Equality consists in the same treatment of similar persons.
5) Even when laws have been written down, they ought not always to remain unaltered.
6) Every rascal is not a thief, but every thief is a rascal.
7) Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
8) Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives – choice, not chance, determines your destiny.
9) Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil.
10) For what is the best choice, for each individual is the highest it is possible for him to achieve.